Climbing to the Top of Mount Everest is a Team Effort. There’s a reason for that. Making it to the highest point on Earth can only be done with a team and that’s the way it should be. If you’re attempting to achieve massive success, then doing it with a team will ensure you reach your goals significantly faster and it makes celebrating your success a whole lot more fun. Why celebrate alone?
There’s a Catch and you know what it is
Your team needs to be on the same page. If your team is working together as one, then making it to the top is a smooth endeavor. If your team is fractured then guess what happens, you stumble fall and in the extreme case of Mountain Climbing, you can die. So treat your business and team as if you were training to climb the peaks of Mount Everest.
Picking the right Team
Choosing your business team is like choosing your spouse, choose wisely! Here are some things you should consider.
- Make sure your team members are as motivated as you are.
- Each team member should have unique skills that when put together builds the whole team system.
- Your team should be working towards a common goal. Make sure their purpose is aligned with each-other.
- Commitment to the team is a must. You’re only as strong as your weakest link.
- Each team member should have specific roles but be able to back each-other up when needed.
- Your team members shouldn’t have a 9-5 mentality.
How to Keep your Team Happy
- Hangout with your team after hours. Don’t make it all about work.
- Get your teams family members involved when applicable. By this I mean get together’s, casual events. Remember, a persons family can be a major factor in their ability to function well.
- Keep team problems private. Don’t let issues bring your team down.
- Every team needs a leader to set the tone and direction.
7 of 9 – Maybe the Borg had it Right
Imagine how far you and your team can go when working together like a well oiled machine. The Borg Philosophy was to work together to achieve a state of perfection. Alright, their method of assimilation was extreme. You should never loose sight of your individuality. But making Success a Team Effort can propel you and those around you forward faster.
A Rising Tide Lifts all Ships!