Notice the first page results in the picture above. This is one of the benefits of using Google+. It helps you reach page one for logged in users.
Time to Join Google+
You are on Facebook, Twitter and maybe LinkedIn but are you on Google+ ? I ask this question because the average person has brushed off the value of being an active user of Google’s Social Media Platform. Some have said that it’s a ghost town but I’m here to tell you that if your are in business, then Goggle+ is the place to be.
What makes Google+ so Valuable?
Simple answer, about 500 Million people and business’s have a Gmail Account and by default have a Google+ account (although they most likely haven’t activated it). That means that the likely hood of someone visiting your website also having an account with Google is high.
How does this benefit you?
If you have a website, then you should also have ways for people to connect with you on your social media outlets. Make sure you have a way for people to connect with you on Google+ and to Plus One your pages and blog posts. Don’t be shy, you can include a request for them to join you on Google+. If they end up liking your content and engaging with you on Google’s Social Platform, then the next time they run a search on Google while logged in, you will have a greater chance of being on page one for that particular user, (granted they are logged in, which most people are).
The Steps Involved:
- You have a website that has a G+ button for users to click or you invite them to join you on Google+ in an email or other social network.
- They connect with you on the platform.
- They Plus One your website and or pages & blog posts.
- Later they run a search on Google for something like “your city real estate”
- Your chances of being on page one for their search term is greater. (Note: The user needs to logged in for this to work. But most often they are).
Takeaway: The larger your following on Google+ the greater the chance of being on page one is for your market.
Side Note: Since most people brush off Google+ and don’t use the platform, this leaves those that do use it correctly with an Advantage.
I hope you enjoyed this article. Also, join me on Google+ and of course on the other social platforms.
PS: No other Social Platform provides this benefit.