With the help of developers from all over the world, WordPress has evolved into a full fledged Content Management System (CMS). With Artificial Intelligence (AI) advancements, the process of creating content, developing for WordPress Core, Plugins, & Themes, is changing daily.
Transforming the Future of Blogging, Business, and WordPress Development
AI is already making an impact in WordPress with powerful tools that make managing a site more efficient. Developers continue to refine their algorithms, and the results are impressive. But what does this mean for bloggers, business owners, and WordPress developers?
As a WordPress Theme Developer
I’ve started researching and testing the use of AI in development. With tools like Github Copilot, ChatGPT, and Bard, I see the potential that AI brings to the development process.
I’ll also be using AI tools to update the code for DevWP WordPress Development Training Theme and will document the process in ongoing video tutorials.
My goal will is to demonstrate some of the strengths, and weaknesses of AI, while also teaching people how to code their own custom WordPress theme.
If you want to get the code for DevWP, you can find it here Get DevWP.
Checkout the Video
Artificial intelligence (AI) is changing the world, and WordPress is no exception. With tools like ChatGPT, Bard AI, Bing Chat, Github Copilot, and others, creating content and writing code is becoming easier, faster, and more streamlined.
With Image AI solutions like Canva, Adobe Photoshop with Firefly, MidJourney, Dalle-2, Stability AI, and others, it’s getting easier to generate high quality graphics without having the skills of a graphic artists.
How is AI being used in WordPress today
With AI, you can finally be a one person team. Here are some ways AI can be used for WordPress:
- Content Creation: AI can be used to generate high-quality content, such as blog posts, articles, and product descriptions. This can save bloggers and business owners a lot of time and effort.
- Improving SEO: AI can be used to improve a website’s SEO by optimizing content for search engines. This can help websites to rank higher in search results, which can lead to more traffic and sales.
- Personalized user experience: AI can be used to personalize the user experience on a WordPress website. This can be done by recommending content, products, or services that are relevant to the user’s interests.
- Chatbots: AI-powered chatbots can be used to provide customer support, answer questions, and sell products. This can free up bloggers and business owners to focus on other tasks.
- Automating tasks: AI can be used to automate tasks such as spam filtering, comment moderation, and social media posting.
- WordPress Security: AI can be used to improve the security of your website by looking for insecure code, weak passwords, and ensuring that your website is following best practices for WordPress Security.
Those are just a few of the ways that AI is being used today with WordPress. As you can see, AI has the potential to greatly improve your workflow.
Will AI be baked into WordPress Core?
It’s possible that AI will eventually make its way into WordPress Core. This would make it easier for bloggers and business owners to use AI to improve their websites.
But at this point in time, integrating AI into the WordPress Core is just a topic of discussion. There are no current plans for AI integration.
WordPress Core is in a constant state of development, and core developers are continually working to advance the features and functionality, especially with the Block Editor aka Gutenberg.
Stability, Security, Performance, and Usability are extremely important, and even though AI is advancing rapidly, there are still some challenges that would need to be addressed before integrating AI into WordPress Core.
These challenges include:
- Licensing: AI technology is often patented or licensed, which could make it difficult for WordPress to integrate it into Core.
- Cost: AI technology can be expensive, which could make it difficult for WordPress to afford to integrate it into Core.
- Complexity: AI technology can be complex, which could make it difficult for WordPress to integrate it into Core without making it difficult to use.
It’s because of these challenges, that using AI with WordPress is best handled by WordPress Plugins dedicated to AI integration.
What WordPress Plugins are currently being used for AI?
There are a number of WordPress Plugins that are currently being used for AI. I recommend first checking out the WordPress Plugin Repo when looking for ai plugins. I haven’t had a chance to review these plugins yet, but will be reviewing them shortly. Some of the Plugins you’ll find there include:
Note: the descriptions of these plugins come directly from their landing pages on WordPress.
- Bertha AI: Bertha AI is an Artificial Intelligence content generator that writes and produces unique content and images for your WordPress website.
- AI Power: AI Power is a complete AI package for WordPress powered by GPT-3.5 and GPT-4.
- Link Whisper: Link Whisper is a tool that can help you gain the value of powerful internal links without having to manually build them.
- YARPP: Yet Another Related Posts Plugin (YARPP) is a professionally maintained, highly customizable, performant and feature rich plugin that displays pages, posts, and custom post types related to the current entry.
- Tidio: Tidio is an all-in-one customer experience solution with live chat, chatbots, and multichannel communication.
- Google Language Translator: GTranslate is a leading website translation services provider since 2008 and powers more than 500.000 multilingual websites worldwide.
- AI Engine: Create your own chatbot like ChatGPT, generate content or images, coordinate AI-related work using templates, enjoy swift title and excerpt recommendations, play with AI Copilot in the editor for faster work, track OpenAI usage, and more!
- WordLift: WordLift uses AI to improve a website’s SEO by optimizing content for search engines.
- GetGenie: uses AI to generate high-quality content, such as blog posts, articles, and product descriptions.
Note: I haven’t had a chance to test the plugins mentioned above, but I mention them because they are examples of WordPress Plugins using AI. Also, the descriptions come directly from the official WordPress Website.
One of the tools I’ve been using over the past few months is Github Copilot. It’s a tool to help developers code faster, and it can also explain what a specific snippet of code does. It’s been trained on billions of lines of code, and can improve a developers workflow since it works like a pair programmer. I have a video on the topic of how it was trained “Github Copilot Trained on Billions of Lines of Developers Code“.
After using it for a while, I do find it useful and might create a full review of it in the future.
ChatGPT needs no introduction. Since being launched on November 30, 2022, it has become the fastest growing app of all time. It’s a powerful tool that can be used to write blog posts, product descriptions, it can write code, and analyze code as well. ChatGPT is currently the most well known tool, and keeps advancing day by day.
ChatGPT is offered for free, and a premium version which gives you access to more advanced features. It’s also plugged into Bing which means that with the premium version, you get access to up to date information. Note: the free version might also get this feature.
Bard is Google’s response to the release of ChatGPT. It’s very similar to ChatGPT, but it’s directly plugged into Googles massive real-time internet search engine which gives it access to up to date information.
It can do basically all the same things ChatGPT can do.
Microsoft has invested heavily in the development of ChatGPT, and has decided to integrate ChatGPT 4 with Bing. It’s very similar to ChatGPT, but offered on Bing.
What does the future of content creation and programming look like for Bloggers, business owners, and WordPress Developers?
The future of content creation and programming looks bright for bloggers, business owners, and WordPress Developers. AI is rapidly evolving, and it’s without a doubt that AI will play an increasingly important role in content creation and programming in the years to come.
As AI continues to evolve, it is likely that it will have a profound impact on the way that content is created and programmed. This will open up new opportunities for bloggers, business owners, and WordPress Developers to create engaging and informative content that reaches a wider audience.
WordPress Thought Leaders Thoughts on AI
The conversation of Ai and WordPress is being talked about by others who specialize in WordPress and WordPress related services and products.
Before writing this post and creating the video, I researched what others had to say and I want to share links to their articles so you can dive deeper and see what others are saying on this topic.
Make WordPress Website
Make WordPress is a Sub-Site of the Official WordPress Website where people are kept up to date on what’s taking place in WordPress. Checkout their article on Let’s Talk WordPress Core and AI.
WPTavern is a well known name in the WordPress community. They are laser focused on WordPress and keeping people informed on what’s happening with WordPress. Checkout their article on WordPress and AI.
WPBeginner is another big name in the WordPress industry. They also write about all things WordPress and provide a lot of great guides, tutorials, and how to articles. Checkout what they have to say about WordPress AI Plugins.
Search Engine Journal
Search Engine Journal is a well respected website that keeps people informed on topics related to SEO, Content creation, WordPress, and more. Checkout their article about AI Integration in WordPress.
WordPress powers over 43% of the modern web. AI is advancing daily. Combining WordPress and AI makes perfect sense. For now WordPress Plugins are the best route to go, but in the future, maybe AI will be baked into the WordPress Core.