Editing an image can be time consuming. The typical workflow is you take a picture with your Smartphone or semi pro to pro camera. You then upload the picture to your computer, then you would need to process the picture in a program like Photoshop or Gimp, then you would upload to WordPress.
That’s a lot of steps to follow when you are on a time crunch. So what I recommend is to simply use 3 plugins for image optimization and then do minor edits in WordPress.
- WP Smushit – This compresses your image to a reasonable size.
- Imsanity – This sets rules for your website so that it automatically reduces file size and dimensions of an image when you upload.
- EWWW Optimizer – This also optimizes your images and ensures your pictures aren’t a crazy size.
These plugins are awesome at optimizing your images and together can work wonders for your website and user experience. Also it drastically reduces your processing time.
- Upload Picture into your Post, Page or Media Section
- Before inserting image, edit it by clicking Edit Image in the upper right hand side.
- Crop the image to the dimensions you require.
- Save and insert the image.
- Don’t forget to put in the Title, Alt Text and Description of the image.
You can also view a video I put together on how to upload and edit images into WordPress.
Don’t forget to subscribe for more WordPress Videos as I will be posting more tutorials on how to use WordPress.