Being a Real Estate Agent or Broker in 2014 is both easier and harder depending on how you plan on targeting your audience. You most likely know that over 90% of people are using the internet to buy or sell a home. The question is how do you ensure that your website is the one that they visit first and stay connected to?
Let’s face it, the 800 pound gorilla’s in the Real Estate industry are Zillow, Trulia, Realtor and other third party websites that users tend to gravitate too. With that in mind you have a few options. You can:
- Pay them for leads
- Direct Mail Campaigns
- Cold Calling
- Pay Per Click Campaigns
- Past Clients
- Friends and Family
These are all viable options and you should be doing some of them already. The question is how big is your marketing budget? If you have $3,000 a month to spend to dominate these third party websites, start a direct mail campaign and a pay per click campaign then go for it.
Your other options are:
- Prime your website for your users first! – Your website needs to be fast and responsive.
- Prime your website for search engines next! – Your website needs to be properly coded with semantic markup and stay within the guidelines of the major search engines.
- Make sure your website is properly configured for connecting your Social Networks. – Make it easy for your users to share your content and to connect with you everywhere.
- Go over your Email List and make sure they are up to date. – Dust off those business cards and start emailing people with your real estate tips.
- Blog Often! Like 3 times per week. – Provide unique content that benefits your users. This will keep people coming back for more. It also sends the right signal to Google and other search engines that you provide valuable information.
- Get reviews from previous clients. – Real reviews will help your potential future clients trust you.
- Increase your online Authority by getting featured by other bloggers. – Reach out to other bloggers and see if they will be willing to feature you on their website.
- Make sure your IDX Solution is the best. – IDX Broker Platinum is the best! It is great for seo and your users.
- Get Interviewed by local media. – Imagine how credible you will be when you are interviewed by a reporter.
- Give back to your community. – Get involved with local charities and organizations. The more people you connect with the better.
These are just some tips on how to market yourself in 2014 and beyond.
To learn more about how to get your website Primed for Users and Search Engines make sure to contact us for a complimentary review.